Wednesday, May 26, 2010

End of the year

So I have now been teaching middle school for two years now. When I got the job, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, becuase I Never wanted to teach middle school. They are at a wierd age and wasn't sure if I could handle it since I have only taught elementary prior to this job. Sad to say, but I am sad that tomorrow is our last day of school and I know I will miss them after only a few days away from them.

Though my students are known to be bad and disrespectful, me and a couple teachers were talking about individual students and know they jsut act this way. Many of the students have such a caring side that some teachers do not choose to see. Even though I may complian about them from time to time they are good kids, and we have to remember they are just that.....kids. One kind in particular really gets to me every time I see him. Earlier in the year this kid hit me in the face, while trying to get at another, but when I stepped in to stop it he ended up hitting me. For a while I didn't want to be near him, but after a while I began to joke around with him and just say hi in the morning. As he was leaving school today he came up gave me a hug and said he is going ot miss me. Is it because I showed him that I still cared and that's not something he normally sees? I am not sure.

After tomorrow I won't see my kids again until August, but I hope that they stay safe and active over the summer months. I also hope they mature a bit over the summer (probably wont happen but we can hope).

I hope you are having a good day

No comments: