Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A day of Beauty

Nature is absolutely wonderful. Sometime you go through life in such a fast motion that you do not stop to look at the beauty.

Today Kevin and I took a nice day hike at Burgess Falls. I went there over the summer with my sister and another friend of ours, but today it was different. As we were walking we stopped and wondered how some of the trees grew our of rocks, or how one tree in particular had a large piece of metal stuck in it. Is it just trash thrown in the park and the tree has no where to go but around it?

We sat at one location (the middle of the falls) for a great length of time just to admire the beauty of what was going on and to look at the different aspects of the falls. The calmness....the rough waters...the coldness of the waters as it turned into ice (it was 55 degrees)..the ways the water changed direction due to certain areas not giving into erosion (I think that is how you spell it)

If I figure out how to post pictures I will post a few later. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.....and yes Bryan I will have some turkey for you!!!

No comments: