Thursday, November 27, 2008

What is it for?

Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday to celebrate. During our lunch today we had a little discussion that I didn't typically think about prior to our conversation of what Thanksgiving was really set aside for. Yes everyone says it is a day of giving thanks for what we have, but the orgination of the holiday was not just by the pilgrims and the indians about finding a new place to settle, but it was declared a national holiday in the 1940s. We also had the discussion of why we shouldn't call it "Turkey Day" Americans are so into themselves and what they want, think about if you didn't have a special day set aside just to give thanks for all that you have and don't forget where it all came from. Our Lord. Do you want your next breathe.....then thank HIM for your current breathe and thank him for all the good and bad to come in your life. HE is behind it all. You may not know now, but something you may seem as bad may be here to prepare you for something better or for you to help someone else in need down the road.




What do I have to be thankful for?


Everything honestly...I am thankful for my family, my relationships with my friends and family, my job, my health, my surrounding, the ability to have a good friendship with Adrian without it feeling akward, for my current relationship with Kevin.




Over all I had a lovely Thanksgiving, with my family and my father's co-worker from Manila. He had a lot to tell us about his country and would be a great place to check out.....How is it Bryan?




Here are a few pictures of my hike yesterday...Nature's beauty at it's best....




The beautiful Falls

















Kevin and I at the Middle of the falls







The Falls from where we ate lunch


2 comments:

dawnmramsey said...

It looks beautiful, as I'm sure it is!

Mgrubar said...

It was lovely...i have been there twice now. Check out more pictures on Myspace